[SGVLUG] [OT] Rockets

Jeff Keys jskeys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:36:54 PDT 2007

Hey Tom,

Wow indeed! I would go to this for sure, except I will be attending the
wedding of an old friend in LA Saturday. Doubly ironic since I am in San
Diego these days, and my girl friend's son is stationed in El Centro, about
20 miles from Plaster City.

Since I have been down that way several times in the last couple years, let
me offer a helpful hint. When you ask Google maps for driving directions
from "pasadena, ca" to plaster city, ca", it gives you a route of 217 miles
each way; right past my place in Carlsbad. If you grab ahold of the blue
route around Oceanside, and drag it over Palm Springs, and drop it on the 10
freeway, you'll get a new route of 218 miles from Caltech to Plaster City.
The two are about the same distance; taking the 10 through Indio and past
the Salton Sea is probably going to be an easier drive. The 8 East from San
Diego has a 4000+ elevation gain and high winds for about 60 miles before
you drop down to Plaster City.

jeff