[SGVLUG] [OT] Rockets

Solomon K. Chang skevin521 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 16:03:33 PDT 2007

--- "Emerson, Tom (*IC)" <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:

> parachutes will be used to return the rocket safely.  (yeah, gliding in
> would be cool, but I don't know anyone gutsy enough to try and fly it
> via radio-control...)

Why stop at trying to glide it in?  I'd be willing to dig a long trench with boxy-like
protrusions and paint it all white.  The 1/2 scale X-Wing could then navigate down the
length of the trench while we try to blast it with paintball guns (extra points for the
R2D2 unit riding in the back).

And if it doesn't reach the end of the trench safely... well, my Death Star is only 1/2
scale also, so it'll only blow up half of the planet...

Solomon