[SGVLUG] My Home Automation Presentation on google docs

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 14:23:54 PST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 12:07 PM, Emerson, Tom (*IC)
<Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> > -----Original Message----- Of Claude Felizardo
> >
> > Hey all, before I forget again, here's the link to my
> > presentation on Asterisk & Home Automation [...]
> > If someone could capture it and post it to the website I'd
> > appreciate it.  I was going to try and do it myself but I
> > don't see the announcement anymore...
>
> Hi Claude -- you can send me the the original presentation file and I
> can post it to the site.  Normally, monthly meeting "announcements" are
> scheduled to end "publishing" a few days after the meeting, then I have
> to manually "archive" the entry in order for it to be viewed as a past
> meeting item (it's currently in limbo, so to speak...)  There is
> probably a better way to do this, but figuring that out would take an
> investment of time and energy...  [maybe I can squeeze something in
> while I'm at my relatives for thanksgiving -- since I'm not hosting, I
> won't be "busy" -- hah hah, right! <sarcasm/>]

Tom,

There is no original as I had used google docs to create it in the
first place.  There's an option to save it as a zipped html file or
you can grab it your self.  Doh!  I guess you don't get that option
unless you are a collaborator so I'll send you the zip file.

As for Gene's question, I originally pegged it as a general question
and thought others were on the right track.  Sorry I can't offer any
assistance as it just works for me (Firefox on Mandriva) and wasn't
aware that any special plugin's were required.

btw, if anyone was thinking of purchasing any x10 modules, I just
purchased a bunch of them from a distributor via eBay instead of
buying direct from x10.com.  Shipping and handling seemed high as I'm
used to free shipping from x10.com but the lower prices more than made
up for the differences especially when you combine orders for a
discount on shipping.  For example, the CM11a computer module which is
normally only available as part of a package which includes windoze
software and a few other modules retails for $50 but x10-warehouse had
it as a buy-it-now for $6 + $8 shipping.  I also picked up a couple of
spare RR501 RF transceivers for $8+5.50 each which normally retail for
around $25 and is usually only available as part of a kit.  I would
have mentioned this at my presentation but they didn't arrive until
the day after.  Not bad considering I had placed the order the Tuesday
before the meeting.   I should add that there was a mix up with my
shipment.  I had bid on 6 buy-it-now's and had changed the quantity
for a PSC01 powerflash module from 1 to 2 but when they filled my
order, they only sent 6 of the 7 items.  Now I know why the combined
shipping amount was lower than I calculated.  I didn't get a chance to
check the package until the weekend but once notified of the error,
they shipped the missing item w/o any fuss and it showed up on
Saturday.

claude