[SGVLUG] Re: November SGVLUG Talk

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 16:27:48 PST 2007

recording of meetings

fyi - while this formality maybe slightly
depreciated, please ask the speaker if
you may record them.
( and it would be nice to let them know.. )

I know that you can, however since
technically the speakers/presenter we
obtain owns copyrights to their materials.

with all of the recording devices in abundance,
our legal system still has "wire tap" laws
and copy right laws which we should be
aware of. (and I do know at SOME conferences
I have been to speakers/presenters/conferences
have been rather particular about their copyrights,
typically the conference organizers/managers have
more issues.)

Oh and yes, some speakers talk differently
if they are worried about a recording coming
back to get them. (I know some have NDA and
other cares to worry about.. example bashing
customers... microsoft... lol )

anyways..

THANKS everyone for helping to run a great lug!

Please invite more people to join us!

matti