[SGVLUG] History Lesson wanted...

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Mon May 21 00:01:31 PDT 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 11:30:45AM -0700, Tom Emerson wrote:
> As for Moore vs. Guggenheim, basically what happened was that Mike
> Rubel, a student there, had access to a "better" presentation room, so
> he offered the use of it and we took him up on it.

Not exactly.  He offer it a few months before we were impelled to take
him up on it per this email:

Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:52:59 -0800
From: Arrigo Benedetti <arrigo at bologna.vision.caltech.edu>
Subject: [SGVLUG] Meeting room NOT available on Th.
To: sgvlug at sgvlug.org

Folks,

I think that the message I posted to the list a few days ago with help
of Charlie went unnoticed.
This term both Moore 070 and 080 are booked for Thursdays.
Friday night both 070 and 080 Moore are available from 6 to 9pm.
Like I said in my previous message I will be leaving Caltech in
about a month from now, so maybe this could be a good opportunity for
someone else in the the Caltech/JPL community to step up as a contact
for booking the room.

-Arrigo