[SGVLUG] Senators propose infinite H-1Bs for advanced degree holders

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue May 15 15:43:54 PDT 2007

I realize this has been processed through the "cnet filter", so some
statements in the article may not truly represent reality, but at least
one or two items caught my attention:

   "...limited to no more than 50% of the total workforce..."

So, if microsoft hires one "american" janitor for every "foreign
computer geek", who wins?

   "To remain competitive, American companies need access to highly
educated individuals..."

Ummm.... Who's fault is that?  (yeah, it's probably a strawman argument,
but considering which side of the argument I'm on, I'll wage that war
all day long ;) )

   "This year, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said it had
received enough applications to fill all those slots just one day after
the application window opened, ..."

Holy cr at p, batman!  Someone must have perfected their spambot...