[SGVLUG] Upcoming speakers & topics

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon May 14 13:38:15 PDT 2007

At the meeting, the topic of "finding and confirming upcoming speakers"
came up -- someone mentioned/suggested that we "empower" someone to
handle this task.  Well, we have a dirty little secret about that: we
consider ourselves to be an anarchy, so EVERYONE is, by definition,
"empowered" to find us a speaker (or to speak, for that matter)

With that in mind, I see from a couple of weeks back, Greg has picked up
the torch and run down a couple of presenters for the next two months --
great job!!!  Now, we only need a couple more things to make this
complete

  1a) a writeup of the topic -- doesn't have to be much, a paragraph or
two -- but we do need it /soon/ so that we can post it on our site.
This needs to be sent to "the webmaster" [uhh, yeah, that's me...] you
*might* need to keep on my case to ensure it gets posted, but the less
work *I* have to do the faster I'll get it done... :)  (you probably
could also send it to Mike, but he's even less likely to post it...)

  1b) [nice, but not as critical] a "bio" of the speaker -- something to
give the readers of our site the idea that maybe the speaker knows a
little bit about what he's going to talk about

  2) some contact info so that [ahem] "someone" can contact them a few
days prior to ensure they are prepared (and remember they promised to
speak)  (also good for giving them directions to the meeting if they've
never been here before)