[SGVLUG] dependency issues/hell

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Sat Mar 24 20:33:31 PST 2007

> krusader is already the newest version.<BR>
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:<BR>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies:<BR>
> &nbsp; krusader: Depends: kdelibs4c2a (&gt;= 4:3.5.4-1) but 4:3.5.2-0ubuntu18.2 is to be installed<BR>
[snip]

You might try "man apt-get".  Read the -f option and note that there
can be cases that -f can't resolve.  So you might dpkg --remove
krusader and then apt-get install will not refuse to install it.
Also, make sure that you have the latest package list fetched with
apt-get update.  I've only used Debian and not Ubuntu so what I've
said is for Debian (but might work for Ubuntu).

			David Lawyer