[SGVLUG] Today's real-life humor...

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Mar 22 12:50:37 PST 2007

I don't know what the folks around here were thinking when they designed
this, but the program we use to track "changes" to the system has a
field for entering the date we plan to implement the change.  That in
itself is fine, but what finally got my attention was the "helper" form
for entering dates -- not a "calendar" form like EVERY other date field
on the form, but rather a form with three drop-downs for year, month,
and date, and [get this] a checkbox to indicate the date is "BC"...

(yeah, I know -- not really a linux topic, though I'd like to think your
average linux programmer would at least raise the "is this really
necessary?" question during the design-review phase...)

Tom Emerson
818-977-8828