[SGVLUG] giving away american jobs...

Sean O'Donnell sean at seanodonnell.com
Wed Jun 27 12:12:31 PDT 2007

Solomon K. Chang wrote:
> --- Tom Emerson <osnut at pacbell.net> wrote:
>> Twisted, yes, but even more scary is the fact that these folks can be
>> this blatant about it and think they'll get away with it.
>
> *Think* they can get away with it?  They *did* get away with it.  They *are* getting
> away with it.  I'm not hearing about this speech in any major media outlets.  Either
> there's a conspiracy to keep this concealed, or major media outlets don't care.  Sort
> of like how there wasn't a whole lot of coverage when the National Security and
> Homeland Security Presidential Directive
> (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html) went into effect,
> which can turn Bush into a dictator in a "national emergency".  (This includes
> indefinitely suspending elections.)
>
> Which convention was this at?  Might there be any indication as to which companies had
> attendees?
>
> Time to start packing my bags and move out of the country.
>
> Solomon

I worked for a very small startup, and eventually had to 'follow suit'
with the evolution of their business model by remotely
interviewing/hiring/training/managing a team of offshore developers to
replace me (and my colleagues) for a matter of pesos.

Needless to say, I no longer work there, due to conflict of (my)
interests, and the fact that living in America requires more then a few
pesos a year to survive. =(

It's very scary that big companies do this, but it's even scarier when a
very small ma&pa startup does this. It's not surprising in the least
that these companies continue to get away with it.

Once again, a problem that stems from lobbyism. =/

--
Sean O'Donnell
South Pasadena, CA

sean at seanodonnell.com
http://seanodonnell.com

PGP Public Key ID: 0xF57FB9E5
PGP Public Key Server: http://pgp.mit.edu

*The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own
reason for existing.*