[SGVLUG] Summertime conflicts...

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Mon Jun 18 21:26:14 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 11:25:16AM -0700, David Lawyer wrote:

> Any responsible organization must face up to it's competition.  For
> example, Microsoft faces up to it's Linux competition and discusses
> it.  So sgvlug needs to face up to all sorts of competition.

Get real.  "Facing up" has nothing to do with "providing advertising
services for."  Microsoft does the opposite of what you propose--it
promotes itself at the expense of Linux, which is only fair when it's
their money.

I wasn't actually offended by Tom's post because, frankly, I don't think
the overlap is large or the geography favorable.  It's probably better
to just avoid it anyway, though.

Dustin

--
    "Intolerance?  The *truth* is intolerant." -- le Faux

The small binary attachment on every message I send is my PGP digital
signature, not a virus.  If you don't know what that is, you can ignore it.
If you do, my keyserver is pgp.mit.edu.