[SGVLUG] Sgvlug on myspace (was: help spread the word)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Jun 18 14:49:57 PDT 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of matti
>
> if you know of other places which do not
> charge for groups like ours, then that
> would be very nice.

As I mentioned, Myspace has a few linux groups (including a furry and a
pagan group, though the pagan group seems to be defunct...)

In any case, I've gone ahead and created an SGVLUG group on myspace -- I
don't expect it to be much different than our current webpage and
mailing list, though there are a couple of exceptions

 -- it has a forum!  threads can live or die independent of each other
and they won't all be crammed down your [inbox] throat...

 -- it allows for PICTURES -- feel free to add a photo of yourself so
folks can place a name to a face.  Of course, totally voluntary -- I
know some of you would rather not...

  http://groups.myspace.com/sgvlug