[SGVLUG] Help spread the word

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 12:47:18 PDT 2007

--- Joel Witherspoon <joel.witherspoon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Matti,
> Have you tried meetup.com? The Lake Elsinore LUG (Southwest Riverside
> County Linux Enthusiasts) use it for their meetings and it appears to
> work well.

Hi Joel!

thanks, good idea.. tried it, but..

meetup costs $$...

before when it was free I was managing a few
meetup groups, including one parallel to
sgvlug to direct people to the group...

but at $20 (or whatever) per group it was not
cost effective for me as it took a lot of
time, and at best I only got a couple of
people...

so far, Craigslist is working much better..

if you know of other places which do not
charge for groups like ours, then that
would be very nice.

thanks!!
matti