[SGVLUG] gpg "refresh-keys"...

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Sun Jun 17 11:15:43 PDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 09:51:49PM -0700, Tom Emerson wrote:

> I did some digging, and found that this key belongs to Peter Palfrader,
> who is apparently a major Debian developer.  I suspect this guy has
> gajillions of signatures on his "key" -- does anyone know how long it
> should take gpg to "refresh" this key?

No, but I've noticed that it can take a long time.  Have you ever just
let it finish (like all night) and see if it's more tolerable the next
time?  Of course, if he's energetically adding more keys all the time it
might still take a long time the next time.

Dustin

--
    "Intolerance?  The *truth* is intolerant." -- le Faux

The small binary attachment on every message I send is my PGP digital
signature, not a virus.  If you don't know what that is, you can ignore it.
If you do, my keyserver is pgp.mit.edu.