[SGVLUG] FileSystem Limitations?

Mic Chow zen at netten.net
Fri Jul 13 14:38:23 PDT 2007

I used Gnome Parted to create the partition on the drive and created it
as FAT32.  There is only 1 partition and it is defined as a primary
partition.  This is a data drive, there is nothing booting on this drive
at all.  The disk came vanilla so there was no file system or data to
keep.  I know that the limitation for FAT32 is significantly large, but
the 32gigs is a limitation imposed by Microsoft on their version of
fdisk.  I am hoping to stay with a penguin solution, but I may have to
resort of a Windoze one too.  I am really trying to no use NTFS if I can
help it.

I did geocache when I was in TN, but haven't gotten around to it in CA.
It is also a Neal Stephenson reference.

Mic
North Hollywood, CA
N34° 8'33.02"