[SGVLUG] hp tech support! - take this!!!

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:04:18 PDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Dustin Laurence <dustin at laurences.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 03:02:38PM -0700, Michael Proctor-Smith wrote:
> >
> > I get the fun of inference that he missed, but I have to keep bringing
> > you back to reality and most ammo is designed to cause holes that is
> > all(in fact ammo designed to do more like explosive rounds were banned
> > in the middle of WWI and have not be generally available sense). Not a
> > "spectacular display of dismantlement".
>
> Mike,
>
> You have implied, if not outright stated, that firearms do not behave as
> they do in movies.  This is California, we have laws against this kind
> of anti-social rumor-mongering.  Expect a visit from our reeducation
> corps late some night....
>
> Dustin, soft-point and hollow-point bullets are just a bit more, er,
>         "explosive" than military rounds, at least in soft targets

Risking the the reeducation squad and the epa I have to say from
personal experiance that for "spectacular display of dismantlement",
throwing a printer off a multi-story building on to pavement is a way
better show then shooting one. Plus I don't have much experiance with
soft targets, but I have used millary hollow-points (wierd in that
they where hollow point riffle ammo with a steel cores, but again they
were of soviet design). They did make bigger holes but still just
holes in the metal and wood object that we were shooting at.