[SGVLUG] hp tech support! - take this!!!

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:02:38 PDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Emerson, Tom (*IC) <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> > -----Original Message----- Of Michael Proctor-Smith
> >
> > I believe it was a M60 or modern replacement for the M60
> [...]
> > Sorry to disappoint but things just falling over or a hole
> > about the diameter of the ammo you fire at it are all that
> > [you get] when you shoot an object that is not filled with explosives.
>
> Yeah, that was the other thought -- it'd be like shooting tissue paper:
> at that range, there probably isn't anything "solid" enough in the
> printer for any significant energy transference to occur (and thus cause
> a spectacular display of dismantlement) -- but it's more fun to infer
> that he missed ;)

I get the fun of inference that he missed, but I have to keep bringing
you back to reality and most ammo is designed to cause holes that is
all(in fact ammo designed to do more like explosive rounds were banned
in the middle of WWI and have not be generally available sense). Not a
"spectacular display of dismantlement".