[SGVLUG] SuSE 10.2 [DVD]

Solomon K. Chang skevin521 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 10:14:50 PST 2007

I've burned both the 64-bit and the 32-bit version for those who are interested.

I'm impressed at the new drivers - it's the only distro the recognizes the cheap
proprietary video card on my Dell C521* and gives me 3D acceleration.  I'm not
impressed by the fact that they cut out a lot of packages I've always enjoyed, such as
Quanta or gKrellm.  I can live with the latter, there's always FreshMeat.

As for packaged boxes you can get at the store, I suspect SuSE will be phasing this
out: if you can download the ISO, what's the point of trying to sell boxes for $80?

Solomon Chang
Data Monkey

* I did not voluntarily buy a Dell.  It's my work machine.