[SGVLUG] Off topic: grid tie system

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Sun Feb 25 15:30:53 PST 2007

Well.

A-hem.

It seems the "little" converter I was looking at is no longer
manufactured, and no alternatives exist that I can find for a small
grid-tie DC to 120V AC inverter.

The smallest legal system I could find was a "sunny boy 700", that can use
50v to 250v DC from solar panels and output 120v AC up to 700W.

And...(sigh) as expected: the cost is around $2k.

Thus endith my thought for a little system for around $1k total.

It was fun to discuss with everyone, but looks like a dead end for me for
now.

If I can/could find a PV DCtoAC grid-tie inverter for under $500, then I
was a "go"......

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva