[SGVLUG] Slow-to-Boot: Why does it try "resume"

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Thu Feb 1 14:40:12 PST 2007

I run Debain on a Pentium I PC desktop.  The time it takes to boot has
gone up by a factor of 4 over the past few years and I want that
fixed.  I decided to work on one delay at a time and filed a bug
report with Debian but they stopped trying to send me email since
whoever responded from Debian has an ISP that condones spam so email
to me was blocked by my ISP.  I recently submited another bug report
but Debian claimed that it was an "unknown package" although it was the
linux-image-2.6.17-2-486 package.
			David Lawyer
Here's what I reported (edited).  Any ideas on what "manual resume" is
doing and why.  Do you get this same message id dmesg?