[SGVLUG] our movies are going into the dev-null heap quickly

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Dec 26 20:32:06 PST 2007

Hmmm... Now to make a business case of storing movies past their prime
"on a P-to-P" network -- so long as there is /true/ interest in the
movie, it will be archived and available -- if /everyone/ scrubs a given
movie from their drive, you'd have to be a /really/ smooth talker to
convince a studio exec that "bringing back this movie" would actually
sell when there is hard evidence that nobody wants it...

Of course, you might have to modify the p2p model slightly -- no one
person (other than the "seed") should have a "full" copy of the movie
(or archived media, as the case may be)  Perhaps a system can be set up
where the act of storing portions of a given movie allows you a
"discount" if and when the movie is brought back from the "vaults" ---
hmmm, this can get complex in a hurry, and it's late, best think about
this some more...

thanks for the save chris!!!

Merry Christmas!
matti