[SGVLUG] video files - m4p to mpeg - suggestions please

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Tue Dec 25 11:48:19 PST 2007

Greets,

My wife transfered a m4p video file to my debian workstation, and it seems
totem can not open it.

Anyone have a recommendation on how to either:

1. Convert a m4p file (I assume from iTunes) to a more standard format,
like mpeg? This is a 'fair-use being denied' kinda thing for me.

2. Know of a codec that I can import to totem so it can then handle m4p?

3. ??? - something I didn't think of or know, that you can also recommend?

...I remember that when I wanted my m$ media player to play ogg vorbis
files, I had to add codecs for it to do so, and I also had to add codecs
to totem for playing wmv files.

Thanks in advance - and merry Xmas!

Me
--