[SGVLUG] Fw: Laptop computer - do you know anything about it?

Don Saxton dsaxton at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 17 12:02:00 PST 2007

I friend had these comments / questions:

The little Nokia doesn't look very practical to me,
but the eee PC looks interesting.
I'm not sure how I can get answers to Qs such as:

1. Can it run Palm Desktop?
2. Does it have USB port(s)?
3. How good is it with voice recognition?
4. How noisy is the keyboard?
5. Can I connect it to a larger monitor or keyboard?

Also, I'm reluctant to get shiny new technology.
I prefer to wait 6 mos. to 1 yr to let others work out
the bugs.

Where does one look for the latest in last year's
gadgets?

SG