[SGVLUG] User Groups Beware (was Laptop computer)

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 18:26:44 PST 2007

Hi!

Important lessons to learn from LULA:

1) redundancy

"Cross train"

or in our case encourage many cooks in the
kitchen so to speak ;)

SO PLEASE! Let's get more cooks.

i.e. Please invite more people to join our meetings
and help make this happen.

2) Backups, backups, backups...

unsexy as it is...

which reminds me...

has anyone taken backups of our system??? 8-O

thanks!
matti

--- "DYN: Jim Workman" <JimW at dynashoe.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, LULA's mail list was being hosted on someone's
> employer's server.  When the employee departed, LULA was SOL.
> Eventually they set up the mail list on another server and rebuilt
> many of the archives.  (That is the reason you had to resubscribe.)
> Neither the list nor the meetings have recovered.
>
> Also many of the core members had their priorities sidetracked.
> They got real jobs and started raising families!
> Luckily, that is not a problem for us at SGVLUG;-)

[..]