[SGVLUG] Guns, 4WD...and Linux (well, OK, really Dustin's vacation)

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Mon Aug 27 23:33:59 PDT 2007

I seem to recall that Matti likes pistols.  This one is for you, Matti.
:-)

In bear country there is a standard response to all the handgun fanatics
who think their *great* *big* *pistol* is big enough for grizzly
(somehow there is a neverending supply of these people).  They're told
to be sure to file off the front sight of the pistol so it hurts less
when the bear takes their popgun away and stuffs it somewhere painful.
Long guns exist for a reason.

That said, I have finally found a pistol round that may well be
sufficient:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8fSIbA9SOM&NR=1

Enjoy!

This video also makes a fine case for knowing what cartridge that gun
fires that your buddy just handed you.  It might be bigger than you
think.

Dustin, who was handed a .270 as a little kid when he thought it was
        more like a .243....

--
    "Intolerance?  The *truth* is intolerant." -- le Faux

The small binary attachment on every message I send is my PGP digital
signature, not a virus.  If you don't know what that is, you can ignore it.
If you do, my keyserver is pgp.mit.edu.