[SGVLUG] Software freedom day (was hijacked: SGVJUG - august meeting)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Aug 13 17:59:16 PDT 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of Eric Krüse
> Subject: RE: [SGVLUG] Re: SGVJUG - august meeting

[pssst -- please don't hijack subject lines, start a new thread instead]

> =) Is there any chance of doing a Software Freedom Day
> event?
> http://softwarefreedomday.org/

Hmmm... You were at the meeting, right?  That should have given you and idea of our organizational level/skills...

> Mark Shuttleworth sending me free stuff is always
> good.

True enough, but per the webpage "it's a little late for that" [registration for free SFD packs are closed, but... You can still register 'to be counted']

OTOH, I see SClug (Simi Conejo) is listed as a participant; perhaps a bit of a drive, but they may/should/will have loads of swag...

> I checked the reason why Thwate certificates are hald [half]
> the price; they are acting on a web of trust, point
> based model.

In other words, exactly what CACERT.org is doing for free...