[SGVLUG] Mt. SAC classes.

Joel Witherspoon joel.witherspoon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 19:22:23 PDT 2007

Jason,

I've taken them. They are not very deep into Linux e.g. shell
scripting wasn't covered, init.d configs were not covered, cron was
barely touched on. However, if you have Victor Zamora as an instructor
you'll learn more just talking to him after class. I think the reason
why is that you'll have very few Linux knowledgeable people in the
class. Most will slow the pace by asking questions like "Why doesn't
this work like Windows?".

As far as Java goes, you cover the methodical basics of Java. You
don't hit db connections or streaming text files. You basically create
and manipulate the Java Swing classes.