[SGVLUG] New kernel 2.6.21 supports my video card

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 05:42:11 PDT 2007

It sounds like you've done the best you can do, David. This (older hardware
support) is what linux is really known for, amongst the the more tech-savvy
folks but there's got to be items/scenarios that "fall through the cracks."
I don't think that the kernel devs are apathetic to similar situations but,
more likely, you can get hardware that's a couple years old for pretty cheap
nowadays so their time is probably best served elsewhere (that's what I'd
imagine, anyway).

All I know is this discussion totally reminded me of the good old days of
autoexec.bat & config.sys on MS-DOS....ahh, /reminisce.

--miguel