[SGVLUG] USB boot from older bios - created a cd instead

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Mon Apr 30 23:53:10 PDT 2007

Well,

I hope I didn't waste too much of everyone's time, but I decided I was
going about all of this the hard way, and took another route:

Downloaded the Debian Etch netinstall ISO to my wife's M$ desktop.
Downloaded Alex Feinman's ISORecorder (freeware) as mentioned by the
Debian Etch installation instructions. Created the netinst CD, put in the
PC and Presto!

Now installing Etch, which was the whole point of what I wanted to do.

I feel like a newbie again (oh the humility), as I ended up repartitioning
my disk, and therefore overwriting my /home (d'oh!) I did think of backing
up /home to my usb drive, but as previously mentioned, had hosed my system
to the point I couldn't even mount /dev/sda to my usb drive as root.

Oh well....

Me

> Hello all,
>
> (little bit of a long read)