[SGVLUG] Meeting Thursday and I don't think we have a speaker.

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:21:39 PDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Michael Proctor-Smith <mproctor13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So as has been the case for the last several months I don't think we
> have a speaker/topic.
>
> Claude said you would be willing to talk about wake on lan? I don't
> completely understand  how that works and who couldn't use the power
> savings of some of machines being off when I am not using them, but
> still remotely available.
>
> Any one else have anything they would be willing to talk about, I
> promise it is not as hard as you think, even if it is something you
> are looking to learn about bouce some ideas off the crowd.

Actually I had a port knocking demo ready to go last month but I guess
I wasn't clear about that.

As for Wake-on-LAN, there isn't much to it so I was hoping to have
migrated over to the new server at home so I could give a live demo
with the old box but have gotten bogged down trying to get Asterisk
working.

However a live demo of wake-on-LAN would only add a few minutes so
perhaps I could cover both Port Knocking and Wake-on-LAN together.

claude