[SGVLUG] RAM given to our guest speaker

jmd jmd8800 at charter.net
Wed Sep 27 19:21:55 PDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 2:26 PM, Dustin Laurence wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 06:16:47PM -0400, Robert Leyva wrote:
>>
>> There, our guest speaker expressed interest in the RAM I had to
>> give away,
>> so it is his now.
>
> Wow.  I bet if we start giving away hardware to speakers we'll get an

if the group is looking for small pieces of hardware..... i am
emptying out my storage this weekend. (finanally.. the last of the
sgi origin 2000s are sold).

the group has a box of linux. if the curator wants to keep a box of
hardware too i can donate memory, hard drives, graphics cards and at
least 1 network card.

examples would be:

PCI USB ver 1.0 controller
PCI S3 Sonic Vibe (Turtle Beach) sound card
AGP 8MB number nine VGA port only
ISA 3Com 3C5098 ethernet card
1 PC100 128MB ECC memory
1 PC100 128MB (i think) non ECC
PCI 4MB matrox graphics card
PCI 3COM 3C905-TX ethernet card
AGP 32MB TNT2 (when the screen comes up it says *engineering* release
not for resale or something)
2 @ 128MB RamBus memory 800 mhz i think
1@ 256MB Kingston part number KTC733/256
2 @ 512MB PC100 ECC Dell memory. (i think these showed errors...but
it has been so long i forgot)

i have a couple of monitors too. 1 sun 20 inch (doesn't sync with PC
so you must have a fixed frequency monitor or a sun box. 1 silicon
graphics 17" CRT monitor does 1280x1024 i think. 1 really old apple
monitor.

nothing is guaranteed to work but i'm sure most does. i'm sure there
is more as i clean out storage this week.

jeff