[SGVLUG] linux w/o broadband

Matthew Gallizzi matthew.gallizzi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:21:51 PDT 2006

Claude,

I would recommend ubuntu over any other distro. If she's just going to be
using the live cd for a bit, she won't be installing any other packages so
she wouldn't really need the Internet connection for that. If she was going
to do a hard drive install, then the 1 cd ubuntu comes with is enough for
desktop computing. During the install, the ubuntu desktop cd does not get
any packages from the net. Good job on advocating linux!

--
Matthew Gallizzi