[SGVLUG] Proprietary Binary Smackdown

Jeff Carlson jeff at ultimateevil.org
Mon Sep 4 18:39:00 PDT 2006

Dustin Laurence wrote:
> So, was there any interest in putting in the effort to pursue this idea?
> I'm not loaded with time at the moment, but it does seem like a good
> talk.  Good enough to try to combine with some other groups, in fact.

Before you get too fired up on trying to get Eric Raymond to come in for
something like this, I need to let you know something.

I personally spoke with Eric at Linux World and he said he would be
interested in speaking at SCALE next year if the timing could be right.
 I have passed this information on to others on the SCALE planning
committee and I'm hoping someone will take that info from me and run
with it.

In the interest of all LUGs benefiting equally and not duplicating
effort, I would much rather have Eric at SCALE.  Plus, SCALE tends to
draw people from more than just LUGs.