[SGVLUG] weather presentation feedback and slides

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Nov 10 13:31:04 PST 2006

> -----Original Message----- Of Claude Felizardo
>
> Got a few requests for a copy of my presentation and video.
> Are any of those available online?  I gave a copy to Tom last
> night but he didn't have write access to a particular area on
> the website.  I looked at the website this morning and didn't
> see anything. In fact, the announcement for last night is now
> gone and there's no entry for November in the archives.

Yes, I set the "end publishing date" to be the Friday following the
meeting, I thought that would still show /today/, but apparently it
stops right at midnight.  Also, "end publishing" does not automatically
transition into "place in archive" -- that's a manual step that I've now
done...

> Mike let me know if you still want me to send it to you.

That might be easier, but I can't guarantee he'll get to it any faster
than I will (but I will note that I'll be out of the area this weekend,
in fact, it probably won't be until Wednesday that I'll be able to look
into it -- Mike: you and I need to discuss how and where to put things
on the site that aren't "pictures" [since the >ahem< we're using only
uploads pics, not general files...])

> Actually, what format do people prefer?  ODT doesn't just
> automatically work on windoze and Mike suggested flash but I
> prefer HTML since it will just work everywhere.

The static HTML OpenOffice puts out should be pretty good since (I
believe) it is relatively self-contained (i.e., we only need create a
directory and then "drop" everything that OO creates into there -- worse
case would be to create a tiny INDEX.HTML file that redirects to
FIRST_PAGE_OF_PRESENTATION.html)