[SGVLUG] Meeting Thursday 9th, Monitoring the local weather with Linux

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 10:10:30 PST 2006

Sorry, Claude sent this to just me and Tom and not the list, my fault
for not Noticing and making a formal announcement so here we go.

Claude Felizardo has agreed to talk about this following as our main
presentation for this Thursday November 9th, 7pm Downs room 107 on the
Caltech campus. As always please come join us and bring and interested
friend or 5 and the join us after a Burger Continental.
Please repost.

Monitoring the local weather with Linux

There are plenty of websites that will give you a weather report for
your city but what about your neighborhood?  Ever wonder how hot your
attic got during the summer or how well your air conditioner is
working?   Claude Felizardo will describe his 1-wire weather station
and how it has grown from a simple kit with a single temperature
sensor, wind speed and direction to multiple sensors located
throughout his house and publishes the measurements to the Internet.

Claude has over 15 years experience developing software on Unix
platforms and has been playing with Linux since the late 90's.  His
friends and family think he has too many gadgets but he's always
looking for something new to play with especially if it works with
Linux.