[SGVLUG] FYI: time changes for 2007 in America...

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:43:16 PST 2006

On 11/3/06, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at mikefedyk.com> wrote:
> Emerson, Tom wrote:
> > [and everyone should be using a time server from pool.ntp.org anyway,
> > right?]  <note: server www.pool.ntp.org seems to be non-responsive right
> > now...>
>
> Not fedora or centos.  Centos has a horrible config file on default
> install.  Absolutely no functionality, not even for syncing against
> anything on initial install.  I had to copy my config file from a debian
> machine to get something usable (that was the default debian config file
> too).
>
> Who woulda thought thought that debian would have easier config files to
> work with?  :-D

Have you been installing fedora without X, as part of the first run
setup program that runs after you do an install configures ntp.
Also ntp is not going to do you any good with day light savings time
as ntp just gives out utc time your local config has to know what the
offset should be for the timezone you wish your computer to be in.