[SGVLUG] Minimal

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Fri May 19 21:39:52 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:52:57PM -0700, I wrote:
> I'm shopping for a budget priced Internet connection for someone
> mentally challenged. Either a notebook or a desktop computer. An older
> computer is  fine.

Do you want a connection or a computer?  You buy them separately.  If
the actual connection, then you need to know how fast is fast enough.
You should be able to get dial-up for ~$10/mo. to a local number with
unlimited time; at least that was true a few years ago.  If something
faster, well, you pay more but there are definitely better and worse
deals.

If a computer, it all depends on how much time and how much computer.

Dustin