[SGVLUG] Fw: [Re: Talk?]

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Thu May 18 22:14:18 PDT 2006

Since there was interest, I inquired about the possibility of a talk
from the Linspire guys.  Here is the response:

From: Clifford Beshers
Subject: Linspire talk
CC: David Fox
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 21:15:03 -0700

Dustin Laurence wrote:

>Cliff, David,
>
>There is some interest in the LUG about some of the engineering you're
>doing with Haskell and OCaml.  Are either of you interested in giving a
>talk up here sometime?  If so, I'll pass the word along that a talk is a
>possibility.
>
>Dustin

I'd certainly be happy to.  Probably best if we both do it.  We tend to
operate that way.

I imagine they'll tell us something of what Linspire is doing in other
areas, and that's probably appropriate for our many members who don't
get all interested in wierd languages.  I would expect the marketing
level to be kept appropriate since David and Cliff are engineers, not
marketing types.  I enjoyed the Novell presentation a while back and
that was much more marketing than I'd expect from these guys.  So it's
probably an appropriate thing for the LUG if we're interested.  Several
people said yes--are there any "noes"?

Given that we don't have a speaker for next month, I'm going to proceed
on the assumption that we're interested until I hear otherwise. :-)  I
don't know if they'll be willing to go for the June date, but we can
always ask.

Dustin