[SGVLUG] E3

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 11:45:35 PDT 2006

Hi!

I did a quick E3 run thru yesterday, and
I was planning to mention it at the meeting
if time permitted.

Since it didnt ( good thing ;)

I wanted to do a quick review.. very quick

E3 - e3expo.com

Parking - OUCH! killer $20 in the lots near
staples center, some places were charging
even more.. ($25, 30).. I found a lot which
normally charges $2-3 charing $10.

God - sometimes I hate it when they upgrade
a neighborhood! (new high rise lofts at mega
$$$ right in downtown slum-town/mug-town.)

Dude! What did you do to MY E3!
What happened to the bikini babes???

booth babes still there, just wearing
skirts this year. (new E3 rule)

Still had us wondering about the ratings...
"It's OK to maim, kill, slaughter.. just
not OK to see topless girls"

Ahhhh, Amerika, land of the puritanical
colonizers.

At least America's Army was handing out
FREE copies of their game.
(actually they had some really neat
technology for the battle field.. )

Go Army! Now, where can I sign up?

I didn't have time to see what systems
had OS in them.. chances are, as before,
that most of the massively multiplayer
online games are running on OS OSes..
(open source operating systems) like
linux or xBSD.

some very interesting talks, I only made
it to one.. about in game advertising.

looks like a lot of advertisers are taking
advantage of stupid people and myspace.
(gee... I want to be a friend of a car
dealership... i just don't get it why
people can fall in love with some of these
brands. LOL - now, don't screw with my
SuSe or RedHat or Debian!!!.. ;)

Hmm.. maybe we should make a sgvlug myspace
profile??? I bet there is already a tux.

Well, I've gotta run now to a meeting, but
there's more good stuff to read about
E3 here:
http://news.com.com/2060-11729_3-0.html?

Who knows, maybe I will pick some select
pictures and do a show and tell next meeting
even tho I didnt see much linux there.
(hmm... wonder what the Nokia N-gage
is running.)

cheers!