[SGVLUG] Meeting THUR 5/11: Getting a job in 2006: Is it the dot-com bubble all over again?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 13:13:48 PDT 2006

**Reminder**

Hi!

We have a meeting this Thur (5/11),
PLEASE pass the word out,
PLEASE bring a couple more people to join us,
PLEASE help promote our group meetings (by
posting in various places, such as craigslist.org,
myspace.com, and anywhere else.)

I really really want to encourage everyone
here to bring in good new people to our
meetings.

Todd does a great job with his presentations,
and I've always found them to be very interesting.

See you at the next meeting!
matti

---- please forward this ----

SGVLUG Meeting This Thur 5/11/2006
------------------------------------

Anyone interested in linux/opensource/slashdot
like topics are welcome and encouraged to
join us at the next SGVLUG meeting.
www.sgvlug.org

Time: 7-9pm
Location: 107 Downs at Caltech Campus in Pasadena
Cost: FREE (tho bring $ for beer and food afterwards
when we hit a local eatery to chat..  ;)

We have an excellent speaker lined up for the next topic!

May 2006: Getting a job in 2006: Is it the dot-com bubble all over
again?
Written by Tom Emerson
Thursday, 11 May 2006

The topic for the evening will be "Getting a job in 2006:
Is it the dot-com bubble all over again?" While this event
will a presentation of the current state of the job market
in Los Angeles, with a special emphasis on tech roles and
open-source fields in particular, there will also be a
primer on how to prepare yourself to land the best job
you can. If you're a linux guru, or even a newbie, looking
for a job, they'll be a lot your can learn. A major theme
will be "How to think like a corporate recruiter!"

About the presenter:

Todd Cranston-Cuebas has been leading technology hiring
at Ticketmaster for over 5 years. He specializes in
working with candidates with a background in open-source
tools and technologies. He has spoken at BOF sessions
at a number of large technology conferences including
ApacheCon, OSCON, USENIX, and of course at SGVLUG
meetings! He also is the scheduler and host for this
year's monthly perl-centric "Tech Talks" for the LA.pm
Last Updated ( Thursday, 27 April 2006 )