[SGVLUG] things had to makeup.. hacker attacked nasa

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 00:08:54 PDT 2006

Hi!

Oh,... this was too good not to share..

see below.

cheers!
matti

ps - btw - the wall street journal is "free"
to read online for a short while.. www.wsj.com

--

Gary McKinnon: I was in search of suppressed technology, laughingly
referred to as UFO technology. ..the secret government are sitting on

SK: How did you go about trying to find the stuff you were looking for
in Nasa, in the Department of Defense?

GM: Unlike the press would have you believe, it wasn't very clever. I
searched for blank passwords, I wrote a tiny Perl script that tied
together other people's programs that search for blank passwords, so
you could scan 65,000 machines in just over eight minutes.

[..]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4977134.stm