[SGVLUG] Wireless AOL...

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri May 5 10:10:50 PDT 2006

I just saw an interesting item in our company's internal newsletter:

http://www.timewarner.com/corp/newsroom/pr/0,20812,1190820,00.html

AOL and Clearwire are joining up to provide high speed wireless service.
I don't know if that means "wireless anywhere you are in the community"
or "broadband to the house with a wireless router instead of a
traditional hub/switch router", but I thought it worth mentioning all
the same.

[ok, I checked Clearwires home page -- they mention using cellular phone
towers, so this appears to be community-based broadband -- cool!
Unfortunately, Visalia is the closest location to us at the moment...
https://www.clearwire.com/store/service_areas.php]

Tom Emerson
818-977-8828