[SGVLUG] Promoting our group

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 02:56:22 PDT 2006

Hi,

1) PLease - everyone can HELP by posting
in an appropriate section in Craigslist.org

It's free, and we can promote lalugs.org
to promote not just us but all the good
lugs around town.

2) Meetup

Meetup - I tried that.. someone (when it was free)
also setup a meetup linux pasadena grp. I invited
him and some in the group to join us... and
they attended one meeting, and proceeded to
their own meetings.

I was running a slashdot meetup group for sgvlug
as well as a sgvlug on meetup... WHEN it was free.

I think we got a couple of people to the
meetings from that.

at $19.. I wasn't certain the results AND time
I put in there was worthwhile. It maybe better
now,..

I think with CL we can get good results IF
we have a posting each week in an appropriate
section AND our website has the current
upcoming topic posted.

thanks!!
matti