[SGVLUG] More e-mail shenanigans: "validate the reputation of the sender's address"

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Jun 20 13:39:57 PDT 2006

I just got a note from the admin's essentially stating that all mail
will now travel through a "Network Reputation Service" before being
accepted.  (hmmm... Doesn't spamassassin already do that? And/Or
any/many of the others?)

Probably won't affect anyone here -- dunno offhand if "the list" will
appear as "reputable" (you know how we Linux types can get... ;) ) but I
thought it would be an interesting tidbit to consider given the recent
e-mail discussion [and a "strong hint" that configuring and running an
e-mail service, complete with spam/virus checking and other frills,
would make a GREAT topic for presentation -- any hardy e-mail admin's up
to the task?]

Tom Emerson
818-977-8828