[SGVLUG] Memory upgrades (was: Laptop memory question...)

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Tue Jun 6 18:21:25 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 04:28:31PM -0700, David Lawyer wrote:

> Gateway 2000.  I've got all the manuals for it and I've flash upgraded
> the BIOS so that it starts up faster.

I can't see buying new memory for it, because eventually the memory
quits dropping in price (I assume because they sell very little of it).
Now if you got some cast-off memory or got a deal on ebay I would
certainly upgrade it.  You can't have too much memory.

Hmm, I wonder if there is anything suitable in the bag of memory Jeff
gave me?

Dustin