[SGVLUG] [OT] Especially for Tom & his Prius.... [my rebuttal, then I'll shut up]

Greg Stark gstark at electrorent.com
Wed Jul 12 13:33:09 PDT 2006

Ultimately, don't we want to get away from fossil fuel which equates to
getting away from dependency on foreign oil?  E-85 gets us there 85%.
(Wonder if you could mix Bio diesels to replace benzene with Ethanol.)

Why worry about efficiency so much if it your fuel is renewable.  Ok, there
is only so much fertile land left and sunlight.  But with global warming,
the growing season is extended, and soon you'll be able to farm sugar cane
on the tundra and Siberia.  Canada's and Russia's new cash crop.

Why haven't Toyota, Honda, and VW produced cars for E-85?  So far it's only
GM, Ford and what ever is down in Brazil!

Greg