[SGVLUG] Especially for Tom & his Prius....

frank at pasadena.net frank at pasadena.net
Tue Jul 11 08:14:29 PDT 2006

Fyi:

85 Ford Ranger getting 40 miles to the pound of wood:
http://proliberty.com/observer/20060506.htm

National Electric Drag Racing Association:
http://www.nedra.com

The hybrid idea is very good in the LA basin since smog lingers here.

Since vehicles are much cleaner than the past, a great amount of our current
air pollution now comes from idling ships in our ports.

Being an LA native, going to elementary school in the early 70's, the smog
was so bad on so many days your throat would ache and the horizon was red
all day. I'm so happy those days are over.

IMHO, we have too many smart people in the world to continue using the 100+
year old internal combustion technology. If we had the will, we'd be using
cleaner cheaper engines and fuels and drive whatever size vehical we want.

Frank