[SGVLUG] Linux job posting -- any interest?

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 26 15:49:06 PST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> servicing multiple locations] He apparently found my e-mail "from a
> Linux user group discussion thread" (which I presume to be this list
> since it is the only one that uses my WB address) so if you haven't
> posted to the list, you might not be on his "radar".

Uh, do we really want to aid and abet mailing list scraping like that?
It was mass-mailed to an enormous number of people of whom few are
qualified. How is this different from other kinds of spam?

This seems like a good reason to re-visit whether we really want our
archives public, in fact.

> If anyone is interested in this position [listed as $60k-80k, dependant
> upon experience and all that] and haven't already heard about this, let
> me know (off list, please) and I'll forward the full details.

One of the details is that the resume is requested in .doc format. :-)

Dustin, I guess there are Linux jobs and then there are Linux jobs