[SGVLUG] [potential] After meeting venue: Barn Burner

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Tue Jan 10 17:55:58 PST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> The Barn Burner's website doesn't list their hours, so I sent a
> "feedback" item to them and got a quick response: until 9:00pm
> weeknights and 10:00 weekends -- HOWEVER -- they will *gladly* stay open
> later for our group if we can give them advance notice.
>
> Given that this is a "real short" lead time this week, and the fact that
> I've only seen one "sounds good" response, perhaps it would be better to
> consider this for next month.  I'll make it a point to ask at the
> meeting proper so we can make arrangements in a more "timely" manner. :)

It sounds good to me too, I just didn't have anything useful to add and
didn't want to post what amounts to "Me too!"

However, the fact that they are willing to stay open late for us suggests
that it might be a very friendly place for us to be, and I say we check
them out.  I don't see how the short lead time matters much; I don't give
a moment's thought to where we go afterwards until about 8:50 PM on
Thursday. :-)

> p.s. This might even make a good "fallback" general meeting venue anyway
> as I noticed they do have a projection TV system -- though I'm not sure
> if we could get a video hookup from a laptop to it or not...

We should ask them about that, and maybe give the projector a try on
Thursday.  Though, doesn't a TV have like a few hundred lines of
resolution?  Or is it HD and I'm just dating myself?

Dustin