[SGVLUG] SCALE5x Booth - Volunteers and Ideas: LinuxDoc and Dumb Terminals

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Mon Dec 25 11:56:10 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 11:25:25AM -0800, Jeff Carlson wrote:
> Dustin Laurence wrote:

> > What would be rather cool would be a computer running full multiple
> > graphical terminals, like has been advocated for schools.
> >
> > I don't know a think about it, though.
>
> Ooh.  I heard about something like this.  Basically, one computer with
> multiple video cards (or dual-output cards), and multiple USB keyboards
> and mice.  Each video output is paired to a keyboard and mouse (as
> opposed to a normal multi-head display) and thus they become terminals
> to the computer.
>
> I think that would make a very viable demo.

That's the one.  It sounds interesting, but not only do we not have
anyone who understands it, but we don't have the hardware.

I wasn't volunteering to do it either, it was just a random thought I
had because of the talk of terminals.  At this point my vacation plans
have changed yet again.  I'll try to keep everything away from SCALE
weekend, but am certainly not going to volunteer to be the lead on
something.

Dustin